Edwineeto and his little brother Benji Soul

It happens that I adopted Edwin by accident. He fell on my lap, so to speak. I wanted him to have a big family. More than the solitude of a single parent home. More than the solitude of a loner who is never home and wants to be busy all the time. I wanted Edwin to live with a less restless kind of caretaker, even more of a cat person. It was difficult to find him another home. At first, in my depressive state of mind, I wanted to get rid of him because I thought that I couldn't bear the thoughts of having to take care of an animal who sleeps, plays, eats all day long and even wants love from me. As time went by, I realized I couldn't just take Edwin to a cage in a shelter. I got so attached to him. I started to ponder that maybe, by getting another cat, Edwin would be happier. I found Benjamin's name and soon after I found mini Benji Soul. Scared, dirty, malnourished. Two hours after having him at home, I figured that he had to be Edwin's new brother. His eyes just did it for me. His affection at first, his bones protruding in his tiny 4 week-old  body. It took them some time to adjust. Edwin got sick recently. He still limping. Last night when I came home, Benjamin Solomon was in the patio where he spends time when I am not home. I isolate them from each other because they play rough and I am afraid they will hurt each other. But last night Benji was crying. So I let him into the living room and then took Edwin to my bedroom with me. To my dismay, Edwin went to the door and started meowing to go out. I then understood that they miss each other. When I released Edwin from the bedroom and closed the door for the first time, I took a chance on the possibility of them spending the night together in a peaceful way. I didn't hear any sounds at all, all night long. I think they are now a family and that makes me feel good for them.

Comments

  1. It must be a happy sight to see them finally getting along with each other

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is. :) Thanks Dan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Writing

Lost Phone