Children

Child: -Do you want to play?
The Other Child: -Are you ready?
Child: -Yes, I am.
The Other Child: - Are you sure?
Child: - I am positive.
The Other Child: I think we should only play doing such and such.
Child: - I think we should do such and such and also x, y, and z.
The Other Child: - It's tempting, but I don't think you're ready.
Child: - Yes, I am.

Time goes by and one day Child tells The Other Child...

Child: -I am not ready. I wasn't ready. I didn't know. You don't understand. I can't play the way you want me to play. I told you my situation since day one. Why don't you wait for me until I am ready? Please, wait...I will not play with anyone else ever again.

The Other Child feels like someone has taken her cloud nine from her. Where's her safety blanket? It's so freezing cold all of a sudden. She shivers.

The Other Child: - I won't play anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone