Saturday Night and the Perks of Being Single

I just had a customer yelling at me. He always uses the same argument: I pay a lot of taxes for this service. FYI, I pay a lot of taxes for this service too. We’re on the same boat.

I wonder: why are some men so pathetically direct/agressive and rude? Why don’t they take no for an answer? I hate to say "no" more than once.

Arrogance is a big turn-off. On the other hand, trying to impress someone with cheap compliments is also very, very bad.

Juan Carlos Caceres made me think about you. And I looked down trying to hide it.

Then he asked:
- What’s wrong?
-Nothing.

Everything was wrong. Tango Negro was one of our many candombes. I do have to remember, though, that it was just my perception.

I wonder what Buddhists think about the idea of loving everyone. Is that so? We should really love every living human being?

I’m Reading Necessary Losses and I slowly came to the realization that I didn’t lose you. I’ve never had you.

It’s beautiful out. I am cold. I am going home in a short while. I will stuff my face with panetone, hot chocolate, music and a beautiful purple view.

I don’t like men from South America. The only good Latin husbands I know are Mexicans (I know where Mexico is, thank you...). Maybe they’re an exception. I guess that remains to be seen.

I don’t want to be impressed by lies. I don’t even want to be impressed. I don’t care about fame, empty promises, fake smiles, or poor conversation. A handsome man without good conversation is boring no matter how handsome or sexy he is. I just wanted to dance. I didn't want to talk at all. He even invited me to go out, which I refused. I can't understand that. I really can't.

I went to a place last night where they were playing good salsa songs. I saw so many people having fun. I sat at the bar, wearing my beautiful satin dress, and observed how some people danced: women curves moving across the dance floor in tight dresses and jeans, muscular men holding their hands, a few people humming songs, and people showing off. It’s interesting to watch people. Then, a nerd guy approached me and I left. I had zero tolerance for men last night.

I stopped at the crowded pizza joint to get a slice, which I devoured on my way home. Well, sort of.

And I still had the energy to read a couple of pages from my book when I got home. Oh, the perks of being single.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration