The Ending of an Old Chapter

I knew I couldn't afford to have my heart broken again, but I decided to give it another shot. I closed my eyes that evening, I didn't think about anything else besides seeing you. As it hapenned the first time, I had plans. My plans never work with you. My plans sink when I am around you.

I am sure loneliness also plays a role. Our connection was missing two important links: trust and respect. That initial contentment has given space to a very deep feeling of resentment. So I changed my mind because of you. Twice. I gave in. I gave up.

This morning you grabbed your things again. This time with a very dilated sense of pride.
You said: You don't know what you're throwing away.

My answer to that? Good luck finding someone else who's going to be compatible with you. The first time, we lasted for about 4 months. This time we celebrated our first month together by saying goodbye.

I am not interested in the drama of life anymore. All I want is to be alone, at peace with my heart and my decisions, I want to be true to myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone