a little like life

I need to take classes: sketching, sewing, GMAT prep course, creative writing.

It seems like everything’s on hold.

I am reading a book on ADD.

I check my phone to see if you called or texted me.

People let me down. I let myself down this time. I don’t like when people have an overdeveloped sense of entitlement.

Your actions: I play your actions on my mind over and over again. Why did you miss so many opportunities to tell me the things that you knew I needed to know?

Walk, think. Cry. Miss. Breathe. There’s no poetry. I have to work on my NPR pieces as soon as possible.

I came home last night and cooked some Ukrainian salad and seafood soup. I decided to cook this entire week. It was relaxing, distracting. The soup came out good, but not as good as the one I had the day before at a friend’s house.

My new friend is a twenty-something doctor trying to make it here. She’s bright, she can be funny. She wants to help people. According to her, she can give them a second chance. I almost didn’t talk.

It was good to exercise my listener skills. She’s teaching me to have a little bit more of perspective. She doesn’t know that. I see her impatience in learning English and I see myself, not only today, but a few years ago as well.

Is life made of having fun?

If you’re a jerk it means nothing to be in love. You’re still a jerk.

You were a good idea on paper. An idea that’s starting to fade.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone