The book

I have to say that I am in love with the English language. I was going to say that I wanted to read this book in Portuguese - a good translation, perhaps (although I don't believe in translations or good translations anymore). Then I changed my mind.
Then I entertained the thought of having had this book written in Portuguese in the first place, instead of having access to a mere translation.
Soon enough I realized the size of my profanity. How insane! I actually like the way it sounds while I read it. I like the mystery. I like the questions. I like the sound of what I can't understand. I like this feeling that there's more to explore.
Aside from my language dilemma, there's so much more to understand and learn from this book. When I read the New York Times review, I felt deeply connected with it. Maybe because of my insistence on being loved, finding love, or understanding love and its complexities. Somehow this author vindicates my urges. Somehow she helps me forgive myself for being a passionate being who's not afraid of loving. She validates my courage. She understands my prayers and she cares about the risk, but not to the point of asking people to stay away from making mistakes. A review here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing

Lost Phone