A Concise Dictionary

A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary for Lovers
Xiaolu Guo

I followed you with my eyes, until I could no longer see your broad shoulders. You were wearing jeans and an old t-shirt. There was some kind of despair in your eyes that night. You didn't cry, you didn't shout. You stood there, looking at me. We had talked about divorce before, but that time was different. My financial situation had changed. You wanted to go to South America. I was tired of moving. I was tired of not having a saying.

I find the story in this book to be similar to my story. I can feel her pain because I relate to it.

Something must be wrong with me. I've been crying so much lately. This morning I realized that the pain I feel for not having my mom anymore is somewhat similar to the pain she must have felt for not having me around. Five years without me.

Now, this book made me cry. The other day, photos made me cry.

Isn't it ironic that sometimes what people dream together - anything - sometimes, they only do them when they're apart? Doesn't that hurt you as much as it hurts me?

I want to develop an idea, create something. I don't want to be the person who does everything, but doesn't excel. Not even in one of them.

Have I ever talked about not having expectations?

I went on a date on Friday. The beach was nice, the stars were more beautiful than the ocean. The music the waves were playing was nice. I was quiet, but not cold. I had zero expectations. It's good that way. You want to visit Mongolia. I want to go to Paris. You want to be mobile. I want to have a blue house. You like horror movies. I love independent films. You watch American football. I dance tango. You held me and I had a broken heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing

Lost Phone