Una carta a Gardel

Dear Gardel,

It's been said that you are the best tango singer that ever existed. Some say you were born in Uruguay. Some argue it was Paris. I think the only thing we know for sure is where you died. I like to think you were born in Uruguay. My grandfather was from Rocha. I don't even know if he liked tango or not. I do listen to your songs, but not as much as I used to. The milongas I go to play La Cumparsita and that's how I know it's time to go home.
This morning I finally dedicated some time to get some new tango songs. I found so many that I like. Music makes the world a happier place. I also have to tell you that I practiced some tango moves and I feel happy. I had some leftover coffee, played music and exercised. Molinetes, walking, some few embellishments. I ventured in the world of a lonely tango.
Not much is new. I don't know what to do on my vacation that is coming up. I would like to dance tango for the whole week, every single night. That's what I wanted to do. Unfortunately traveling to Buenos Aires these days is more expensive than going to Europe.
I will write to you again soon. Sincerely yours, K.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing