My very short vacation

A Black and White Boat in a Turquoise Sea.
Photo by Keiko. Key West, November 2009.

Two months without you. I am counting the days as a person who is recovering from a drug addiction. I think I am recovering from you. I walked in Key West, night and day, alone and with company, hungry, tired. Happy and sad. I took pictures, I danced, I hummed songs. I had wine and I felt free.
My first dining experience in Key West was very interesting. I picked Antonia's, which is a romantic and quiet Italian restaurant on Duval Street. I had a whole table to myself and I could observe life from a distance. Couples, new and old, having fun and interacting.

I couldn't help but noticed that I was the only one having dinner by myself in one of the big tables. It felt awkward at first, but I entertained myself with ideas.

It hurt a little to be all alone. Not that I wanted to be with you or anyone. I wanted to be with happy friends or family or nice people. I talked briefly with the waiter. After all, I had to compliment the chef. My goat cheese souffle was to die for. My sparkling wine was superb. Chilled and refreshing.

After dinner, I went to Virgilio's where they were going to play some jazz. They played very little jazz, but I enjoyed the concert. There was this remarkable interpretation of Europa by Carlos Santana that I really enjoyed.

Then I walked to my hotel room and rested. Until Veteran's Day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration