This whole New Year's Evening Thing

Here I am at the ref. desk stuffing my face with Hershey kisses. I think I had six of them. The plain ones. I prefer the ones with nuts, so you can munch on some texture there, but ok. I got away with it. So, the calendar tells me the year's ending. People have also made it clear. People have been asking me if I am going to go to the special New Year's Eve. milonga and I've been saying no. One of the places charges $65 for the special night, another one charges $55. I've been told it's a beautiful party, but still I find it very expensive. A regular milonga costs $10 to $15 depending on where you go.
I know they'll have a special dinner on the 31st, but I don't care for that. I care for the dancing. Honestly, I'd rather not be in a crowded milonga where everybody is going to be eating and drinking like crazy and the dancing is going to be relegated to a second plan. Also, I like being in a cozy environment to wait for the new year. Last year I went to the beach and it was ok, but it was too crowded. This year I feel a little conflicted. My family doesn't know what they want to do. It's hard to please everybody. I wanted to cook a nice dinner at home, but I am kind of tired. Plus, it's nice to do something extra-ordinary on that day. Like someone told me the other day, you want to feel like you're celebrating. It's true.
I was reading the post I've written last year on 12/31/2008 and I felt like I've done much more last year. I have to think very hard about all the things I've accomplished this year. Have I accomplished anything at all? That's the question I've been asking myself. I guess the answer is going to be written down so next year I can go back to it and hold myself accountable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone