Dancing Tango

Saturday night I had a date at a very small milonga in a very small town. We have no pictures of the event, unless of course we consider the pictures that were taken by someone in the crowd, which by the way I will never see. The dancing was amazing. There is no other word to describe it. The music was excellent. I realized it later that at this place they don't play salsa songs. That's part of the reason why I liked it so much.
It was freezing cold outside. I got lost. I played Otros Aires on my way over there. I almost drove for one hour. I sat down, I took my coat off and there I was. The girl wearing a satin black dress and red and black shoes. A silver bracelet on my left arm to make a statement: I am left-handed and yes - I am so thin and petite that I can wear bracelets on the upper part of my arm. I have never celebrated being petite this much. I get a kick out of it actually. I think Piuca has helped me understand the beauty of being petite. I think I have the soul of an Akita and the body of a Yorkie.
Apart from my canine comparisons, I have to tell you, my Dear Reader, that evening was just as close to perfection as you can get. I'd be lying if I said that I wouldn't change a thing. I would change the encounter with the man who asked us with whom we have learned tango. The question in itself is dumb. Learning/dancing tango is endless. You're always learning for dancing tango is to be in love for the rest of your life and being in love means that you're constantly learning about your partner. You are constantly learning how to be in love with that person. You learn about the way he walks, his new accomplishments, the way he talks and smiles with his eyes. You learn as much as possible about that person.
Tango and love go hand and hand. It's a cliche, but it's true. No, I am not inventing anything new. I think you hurt me when you said that. I know I am not re-inventing the wheel, but you see, if I just think that my life is not anything special I am afraid I'd kill myself. Can I bear that thought? The one about my life being ordinary probably not. Maybe one day I will look back and think that I didn't do anything worth remembering. I don't know what I will do that day.
Try to sell me the idea that everybody is the same and you'll lose me. Try to talk about how wonderful and amazing other people are and ignore my efforts and you'll lose me. I digress(ed). I float in cold and thin air. My arms are long and my legs are perfect. Our embrace says a lot. Hold me tight, I am turning and leaving this place so I can be a better me. Don't ever tell me what everybody wants to hear. Being everybody else isn't part of my plans. I hope I can feel that there's room for us to grow. My soul needs space.
I lied Saturday night. I cracked you up. I told people I am from Russia. I also told them I am learning Spanish and English. Other people's ignorance can sometimes work in your favor, not that I wanted to take advantage of anyone. We had a very inspired dancing night. People complimented us. I wonder if that's because they don't know much or if your tango and mine is improving. I haven't seen us dancing. I just know what I feel. My heart draws the limits of what I know.
I am working on my goals to be a better tango dancer and I am just so happy about it. My Comme Il Faut shoes make me happy. Both pairs are expanding and they're not as tight as I'd like them to be. Next time I think I need to buy a smaller size. Overall, they're amazing shoes to dance with.
When we left we both started cracking up about my lie and the entire conversation we had with those people. You find me crazy. I find the idea of amusing you exciting. Is praying aloud? Nah, I don't need any favors from G-d, but thanks though. I might give it a try some other time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone