Goodbye A. R.

This afternoon I got a phone call from C. R. telling me that A. R. had passed away in his sleep.
He was my very dear friend for four years. He always tried to cheer me up. I do sound selfish talking about him because all he did was to be nice to me. Not long ago, he sat down close to the reference desk and talked to me for two hours. He watched me working. He used to laugh when I got mad at some customers. He knew he was very special to me. He was happily married for 55 years and he was still in love with his wife. When he met me, I had just lost my  mom and I remember the pain we were both in.

I got him a birthday gift last year. When I told him it was something tacky he said: great! I love that! I got him a small painting with a message. It really represented how I felt about him. He said that C. had helped him hang it on the wall. He text me a picture of it. It was the only time I got a text message from him. 

I called him on 4th of July because that was the day he met his wife and left a beautiful message to which he responded with a very touching phone call. I think he loved me almost like a daughter. I am going to miss him so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone