Language

Learning a new language is a very interesting thing. Communicating with someone whose skills are limited is a very complicated task. You say tomato, I say tomato. Yeah, I know. It’s not so simple.
It scares me to think about life’s fragility and people’s reasons to leave, betray, and detach.
I am used to being independent and single. I do what I want most of the time and that’s something I really like.
I am proud of my accomplishments: yesterday I did everything I had planned to do and more. It was so nice to cross everything off the list. I was so tired at the end of the day, but I managed to cook a fantastic dinner and take care of some of my personal beauty needs as well. I made lemon-shrimp scampi with coconut rice. The flavors were just right.
I am reading “The Meaning of Tango” by Denniston. It’s a fascinating book. I learned so many things about tango from it.
I recently read “Fine As We Are” by Algy Craig Hall. It reminds of Splat, the real one.
One of the things I did yesterday was to buy a tripod to take better photos. It’s a simple one and it wasn’t very expensive, but I think it will serve its purpose.
Because I will have two jobs in the near future, I will not be able to see my psychologist anymore. We will have a last session in two weeks and that’s it. I don’t think it was helping me that much anyway. We never have enough time to cover everything I want to talk about and I only see her every two weeks.
I was thinking about when I turned six-years old. We were having a family party at my home with music and some family members. I asked one of my cousins to ask me to dance and he refused to ask me properly, the way I wanted him to. I got sad. My relationship with my cousins was always troublesome. I found some comfort in my female cousins or some animosity out of jealousy sometimes. In my male cousins I found hostility and sometimes unwanted attention.
Life is never the way we want it to be? What if we don’t know how we want it to be?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone