Orthopedic Doctor

I am back from my doctor's appointment and I guess I have good news. I have no major back problem, but my back is too straight due to a mild scoliosis. The doctor said that my scoliosis is probably the reason for the constant pain. He then gave me a medicine prescription and recommended physical therapy for three weeks, three times a week. The doctor told me to buy something called better back, which is something that looks like a pillow for your back. For the feet, he said I have flat feet and there is too much pressure on the big toe, that’s why it hurts so much when I dance. The callus came from applying pressure on that area and he already saw that the bone is getting bigger because of the friction within the joint. The recommendation was to wear something special inside of my shoes. I called the clinic and I do have to have an appointment to have those special soles made. However, the clinic doesn’t take my insurance.

I am very glad I am taking action to deal with my back pain and that I am catching the problem of the feet early on. Dr. B. said we will keep an eye on it because if it happens that those bones get too big,  I will have to have surgery. Only time will tell. In the meantime, I plan to tango my life away. Milongas, here I come with foot pain or no pain!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone