Tango

This is possibly the best resource for tango learners in English. Tango and Chaos.
I've read a lot of it yesterday and I was able to use some of the stuff he mentions in class. The class was intense and I got home not feeling my feet. I got good hints from my lovely teacher, who is very strict and always gives me good feedback. By "good feedback" I mean instruction. Yesterday she corrected my walking, my knees, the use of my hips to turn...That's all I can think of right now. But it's an exercise of humility to learn tango. On Saturday I went to a milonga and many people complimented us, which doesn't mean anything because I know the people who were complimenting don't know anything about tango. Also, we were the only young couple to be dancing over there. For them, we are a novelty. They see someone with nice footwork and they think those people know how to dance tango. One of the ladies asked me for how many years I had been dancing tango. If she only knew! I mumbled something that she wouldn't understand - I actually pretended that I didn't understand the question and smiled politely - I wanted to say: well, would you like a report on the dates that I started and stopped? The older I get, the more difficult it's for me to deal with people. So I just closed my eyes and started humming another tango song.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone