Let me count the ways

The problem is that the way I show you that I love you is so different than the way you show me that you love me. Then, we get stuck in the middle of a road, late at night, without communicating. We talk, but we don't understand each other.

I love you when I kiss you goodnight, when I hold your hand, when I tickle you, when I look for your skin. I love you when I cook for you, when I don't make you wait for me, when I get dressed for you. I love you when I talk about the things that make you happy, when I do those things for you, when I look forward to dancing with you.

I love you when I show you songs that I love and I interpret them for you, I love you when I see you walking, when we make short-term plans, when we have no plans. I love you when I make you smile or you laugh because you think I am funny. I love you when all the silence between us is possible and welcomed. I love you when the sun is coming up and we're together.

I am capable of loving you when I know that you're mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone