Star Spangled Banner

One of my students performed the Star Spangled Banner in class last night. All of us stood up to listen to him. He brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful moment. What a beautiful voice. He does love this country. I live for such moments. I will never forget his performance in class when all the students got up and aplauded so vigourously.

After four years teaching the same class, one kind of gets used to it and doesn't see the beauty of it anymore. I guess I take myself for granted in that respect. Last night I felt so special to be there at that particular moment.

I've instructed my student to tell his interviewer that he's an opera singer and that he would like to perform the national anthem at the day of the naturalization ceremony. He invited me to attend and I will make sure to be there to document the moment and to aplaud him one more time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone