Crazy Heart

Image: Crazy Heart. 

Country music has never appealed to me. For some reason, the melodies just don't do anything for me. Nevertheless, I like these two actors a lot and I decided to watch it. Over the years, I think I have become much more critical of movies and it's hard for me to find great movies. I look for certain qualities that are hard to find. It seems to me that the trend these days is to make movies about dark lives and then throw in there a positive ending after the endurance of some problems. At any rate, I liked the movie and I liked the soundtrack as well. I liked it in the movie. More than anything I liked the lyrics. Weary Heart is probably my favorite. I relate to Jean, (the main female character in the movie) a lot. I don't have a son, but we have many other things in common. She wants to be loved. She wants to be a writer. She has given men a chance and it has backfired. She goes against her intuition sometimes. One of my favorite quotes is when she is at the door of her house talking to Bad and she tells him: I knew I was taking a chance with you. But I did it because I love you. That's when she also tells him that if he really loves them, he should leave. The scenes that were outdoors were beautiful. That photography reminds me so much of Georgia O'Keefe. That red sky bleeding everyday, pouring its heart out. Then the clouds and mountains spread around. I will probably never hear those songs again. But there's so much truth in them. The impossible love of an alcoholic decadent star and an intelligent younger woman.The weary heart, the road that sometimes takes us astray. People who hurt us and love us. Our loved ones. Time and its powerful ways to make things work out or not. Ultimately, love as a remedy to the disease of the soul. Creation as freedom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone