My Sunday Milonga

It's my favorite part of my Sundays. I always look forward to it. The dancing last night was nice, I think I was inspired. I didn't run into anyone, which was definitely very good. I tried dancing with my sparkly street shoes, but they are too loose and that's very annoying. I do love those shoes for several reasons. The heel height is just perfect, they are very comfortable and have nice padding on the ball of the foot. I find perfect balance when dancing wearing them, but they're not tight enough. So, I went back to my regular CIF and I could literally feel the floor. I am trying to use the technique Diego Mohammad has taught me and I feel more in control when walking. It also feels a lot smoother to walk.
I got a lot of positive feedback. One guy danced one tanda with me and left. He's not a regular at the place, I don't know his name and it's the second time I danced with him. His lead was very clear and it felt secure. He led me into volcadas that were probably the best looking ones I've done (as far as I can tell). 
Then I had a couple of tandas with my regular milongueros. One of them told me he is going to send a personal invitation to Luna Palacios to teach me a class because, according to him, that's my style...Or something like that. Ok, whatever. I don't want to take classes with her. I guess here is where my stubbornness comes into place. I want to work on my own embellishments. I want to improvise and create my own style of dancing tango. I want to express music the way I feel it. 
Anyway, then I danced with other people and it was fun. I got comments from one man that I was leading him. That made me laugh. My milongas with my teacher didn't work as well as I wanted. The improvisation with another leader was just so cool, even though, I'd love if he could stay quiet the entire time. He talks too much before after each song and I have no patience with that.
Then when I was changing my shoes to go home, an old milonguero asked me to wait for him that he wanted to dance with me. The problem with  him is that he always teaches me a mini-class at the milonga. Yesterday was no different. He corrected my head position and also he ended the tanda giving me an explanation about compass, D'Arienzo tangos and his lead. I almost asked him if teaches privates. I drove home thinking that he annoys me way too much. I don't know what to do if I should keep on dancing with him or not. I know he is right and steps don't mean anything in tango if you're not following the man and the music, but I don't think he's entitled to make corrections at all. That's not polite and plus I didn't ask for anything. Maybe I should have changed my shoes and left. I will talk to my teachers about that tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone