On Being Nice To People

I guess I am learning the hard way that preserving a great sense of loyalty and yet being nice to people is a very hard task. Option A: you are only nice to the people you really like, Option B: You like everybody and therefore you are nice to all of them, Option C: you dislike people and are cold and distant, Option D: You are picky and have to choose when and whom you are going to be nice to. My point is: in some occasions you will have to wear a hat you don't necessarily like if there are things you want to achieve or if you want to come across as a nice person. I work with someone who is nice to most people. She never  has anything bad to say about anything or anyone. I wish I could be like that. Hmmm. Yes, maybe. I don't think that being blunt (like I am sometimes) is necessarily a good thing. Maybe I am giving that trait too much credit for things that didn't go so well in my life. I think that being politically correct is a trait of many Americans, while Brazilians can be more upfront about things. I might be wrong. Who knows? Generalizations are bad and can be misleading. Is it possible, though to have a McDonald's smile at all times? It is possible, is it worth it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone