Pad Thai - First Try

Even though it wasn't bad, it could be much better. Not as easy as the red curry and I feel like I will need several experiments to make it work. The taste wasn't bad, but the texture was because I overcooked the rice noodles. Also, I will skip the tofu next time. I thought it was going to be too spicy because I accidentally added like 3 tablespoons of crushed red pepper flakes and that was way too much. The thing is as I was multitasking and adding spices to the chicken, I opened the pepper container and didn't see it was completely open and that I had poured almost one quarter of the seasoning into the chicken. I can only say the chicken looked red. Very red. I removed some of it, but it made the dish very spicy. The cashew nuts added some plain flavor to it, but overall it wasn't good. 

Comments

  1. I think you need to try again without all the red pepper before you write it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will do that. I will also read more recipes to see exactly what flavors were lacking and how much (roughly) I should add. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone