Questions that annoy me

  • Where's the restroom? (Big sign says: RESTROOMS)
  • What time is it? (There are at least 10 clocks on the walls)
  • How do I print? (How about using the actual printer?)
  • How do I check my e-mail? (Have you seen a computer before?)
  • Where are you from? (Irrelevant)
  • Where are the books in Spanish? (How about where it says INTERNATIONAL?)
  • Are you cold?  (Why would I be wearing a sweater, a scarf or layers if I weren't cold?)
  • May I use your phone? Can I borrow a pen? Can you give some sheets of paper? (The place where I work is not an Office Depot of sorts).
  • How do I print? (And the person is looking at the copy machine...)

Comments

  1. Have you considered having this available on your desk. You might consider re-working the title to make it even more consumer friendly. I suggest - "Before asking the Librarian, please read first; then, if your question isn't answered you may ask it if you must".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rambie, that's a good idea, but I can see problems with that approach as well. The public doesn't read signs. So, I am back at square one. Maybe I should start a READING SIGN campaign, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration