Trip

I still have to pack and iron a couple of dresses. I need to do laundry and I have to go grocery shopping. I should also call the person who is going to kitty-sit my monster, Edwin. This morning I had my hair done and pedicure. Tomorrow morning, I will get a manicure done and it will be my last visit before the trip to the spine doctor. I am happy to say that last night, my ear didn't bother me for the first time since October.

They got ten couples registered for the competition. I don't know why I am competing. Am I ready?

Time is running fast. Part of me wants to be in that plane already. I wish I could have had vacation this entire week, but someone in the office had already requested to be off. I as lucky to be able to get two days off to go to New York.

My hair is now too dark. My good friend, C., from Los Angeles is going to come see me on Thursday and she's attending the competition as well. I am so happy I am going to see her. It's been six long years.

My tango teachers are already in New York. Funny thing is that the competition doesn't make me nervous. What really makes me nervous is the performance on Saturday. I know I don't have to worry about that for now since the performance is only for the winners, but just in case.

I saw the show A Puro Tango last Sunday. It was recorded at Milonga Montevideo. I don't usually like seeing my dancing on tape, but this time around it wasn't that bad. At least the footwork was very nice. So, that is encouraging. Actually, the support I am getting from people is really impressive. I hope not to disappoint myself. I am thinking that my dancing is not going to change in two days. So I better show what I know (not getting nrevous, if possible) because getting nervous is not going to help at all. There's nothing to be nervous about. People always watch, the difference is that this time experts are going to be watching and giving us a grade. It's ok if they don't like what they see. It's ok if we don't meet the criteria. It's been a fun experience so far. Nerve-wrecking, but fun. The results are just the icing on the cake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone