Verbal Abuse

So last night when I came home from work, I was thinking about cooking something light and just crash into the sofa with a glass of juice and some peach pie for dessert. I was trying to empty my mind from all the stress at work and my personal life. I was thinking about making some sauteed rapini in butter and fresh black pepper. That's the way Edwin, the cat likes it. Anyway, Edwin and I are having a difficult week, so to speak. He still bites for no apparent reason and I find it ironic how a tango dancer has found a cat who is obessessed with biting (her) toes. Well, when I parked my car, I had to make an extra maneuver because of this van, which was blocking the way. I was on my phone, talking to my sister-in-law. I got off my car and to my surprise, I hear someone yelling at me: 
-Hi, how are you doing? How was your day? 

The person sounded drunk and I was looking around to see who she was talking to. So, in disbelief, I asked:
-Are you talking to me? (And I kept on walking toward the elevator, listening to her non-sense).

- She started calling me beotch and then I turned around and asked her:
- Are you high or something?

She, keeping her tone very loudly, (she was standing by the van, talking to the driver) said:
- Yes, you. You are very rude. Beotch. Guess why your car got vandalized last year? I am here for you, if you need me. Blah, blah.

I exited the elevator and hung up with my sister-in-law. I called the cops and the home owner's association to complain on her behavior.

The cops came and basically said there is NOTHING they can do. That what she has done DOES NOT constitute abuse and it's not a real threat.

I wonder: how safe are we? I tried to reson with them: she knows where I live. They said: oh well, that's too bad you don't know where she lives, you don't know her name. We cannot knock at the doors at the second floor and look for her.

So, very disappointed, I said "thanks" and locked myself inside the apartment.

I have so many questions. I mean, a person like that must be mentally unstable. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she helped someone vandalize my car again or if she had been involved in the previous incident.

I feel completely unsafe and exposed. Just like I have no rights whatsoever, because I am a Joe Doe. Sad, but true.

At the end of the night, I saw myself having tea with ginger and an ugly ripe tomato with rice vinegar. That was my dinner. And for dessert I had a massive headache.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing