I am trying so hard...

...not to be a mala. But Guavita is a mala just like Edwin. So, here it goes: I find it so interesting when some people come to me to the reference desk and I explain to them there's a better way of searching for books and they say: I would be wasting my time, so I need you to look in the system for me. When I know for a fact, it's just easier for them to go to the shelf and look at the number (they already have) directly. They waste more time being interviewed by me. But I digress... The fact that I am mala resides in that, the way they talk about not wasting their time triggers in me so many bad thoughts. It's not even funny. I could share some of my mean thoughts, but since I have been trying to be a Buddhist, I will spare my audience of such thoughts. Sigh. Ideally, I should be able to block these thoughts, right? I guess I am not a real Buddhist just yet. And the way this is going, it's going to take me a lifetime to become one. Literally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing