Reading, listening and preparing

I will have a long weekend next week and I was planning a short trip to the West Coast of Florida. Not sure if I will go. I love road trips, but not alone. I was planning to stop in a few small places to have a nice meal or just take photographs. 

Speaking of photographs, I was in love with these pictures I found in a blog about cooking. The pictures make me feel nostalgic. I asked the owner of the blog about the camera she uses and which filters and she said she use her iPhone with one special MAC application. I am not planning on getting an iPhone, but I want to be able to take pictures like those. Argh. 

I don't get Quentin Tarantino's movies. I started watching Kill Bill the other day and I was like what?? I liked the first song in the soundtrack. You Shot Me Down aka Bang Bang. Yes, you bet. Nostalgia has struck me.

Now he's gone, I don't know why
And till this day, sometimes I cry
He didn't even say goodbye
He didn't take the time to lie.

Bang bang, he shot me down
Bang bang, I hit the ground
Bang bang, that awful sound
Bang bang, my baby shot me down...


The same lady who posts pictures and recipes has a blog about cinema and I am in love with it. She loves movies from the 30's (like me) and she posts a lot of photos that I would like to recreate, as both the model and the photographer. I know it's a very ambitious project, but hey I am all about ideas.

Also, have been thinking about the birds in South Florida. They're back to the wires in the city and I will this winter photograph them. This may be my last winter here, so I might as well take advantage of that.

I am back to the kitchen. It seems like every time we break up, I start cooking again. Not sure why. Last time I was into Thai, this time around it's been a mix of semi-Indian and Italian food. Last night, I made lasagna. It came out very good, even though I was being lazy and didn't make my sauce from scratch.

I am listening to this great jazz song I heard in a bad movie. I think that this song was actually one of the few really good things the movie showed. Funny enough, you didn't even pay attention to it. The irony: we are so different. And yet, so similar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing