J. Edgar Hoover

I don't know much about American history, but I wouldn't mind learning more. Last night, I went to see the new Clint Eastwood movie, J. Edgar, and thought it was so boring. I mean, it was too long and honestly, what a miserable life that guy had. I am much less patient with movies lately. I guess I feel like putting my beautiful self (lol) in a chair for 2 hours straight without blinking should be worth my time and my back pain. It wasn't either last night. Also, what an unhappy guy. So sad to see someone sacrifice his entire life and drag others along. He was so selfish. I guess I tend to look at the lives of people from a romantic perspective. Besides the fact that he was obsessed with communism, paranoid, didn't like black people and was a moralist, he was also a very selfish person in that, he (according to the movie) kept his companion on stand-by his entire life. When the guy decided to confront him, he said he shouldn't have been hired in the first place. What an excuse for his wrongdoings! Ugh. His mom had a pivotal role in his life which is common, I guess. She was adamant about not having a gay son. If I were her, I would have been more concerned about my son not being happy and making everybody else unhappy as well. Oh well, the world is the world, despite my opinions on love, homosexuality and politics.

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:20 PM

    I like Clint Eastwood, now I am not sure about seeing this one.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should watch and let me know what you thought of it. Maybe you will disagree entirely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone