Love - I am still looking

I found my own definition. My own broken definition of love, written a few years ago:

Love is not a word. Love is a promise. Love is a shattered glass. Love is sand and salt. A bloody soul. Love is this thing we cannot look for and yet we cannot find either. Love is an attempt. A failed conquest. A blurry image that we just can't avoid or forget.

My most recent definition of love:

Love is an illusion. People commit when it's convenient for them. People select someone who is a suitable match. They make a decision and stick to it. Love is the absence of a true notion of self. It's surrending to someone else's needs and urges. It's a negotiation. It's compromising and letting other people decide things for you. Solving conflict. Living at peace with yourself and the other person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone