Gnocchi

I bought a food mill last night and made the most delicious homemade gnocchi for dinner. They came out just perfect. From a family tradition of making homemade gnocchi and always being uncertain about how they would come out, I learned yesterday from doing research on the internet the right technique to make the perfect potato pillow. It all starts with the way you cook the potatoes. It worked so well that the gnocchi was not only easy to make, but a lot of fun. I could have made a better sauce to go with it, I was so excited about the gnocchi that I forgot I should make a thicker sauce. It wasn't bad, but it could have been much better. Anyway, the gnocchi tasted like potatoes, not flour and the texture was not too hard or too soft. I used two big baking potatoes, two egg yolks, salt, and one third of a cup of flour. In less than two hours, I had a batch of gnocchi to feed four-not-so-hungry people. No wine, though. Wine seems to be giving me migraines. But my dad and I had a good time eating, chatting, and watching the Power Of Art on Bernini, which was very appropriate to accompany our meal. Rome never seemed so appealing to me before. Not that Italian art hasn't fascinated me for a long time, but I guess I never had the urge to visit Italy. Maybe because I had always thought so much about Spain , France, Portugal, and North Africa. Somehow The Power of Art always inspires me to go and explore Italy and its marvelous art.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration