Key West

My father's visit is coming to an end and yesterday I took him to the Keys and Key West. I got up at 5:15am and we got home at 11:14pm. I don't think I will ever drive to Key West and back on the same day again. The night before I had made gnocchis from scratch again (yes, I am addicted to potato pillows) and went to bed very late. Today I am at work at a different branch and I am fighting to be awake. There are very few people in the library. Tonight we have a small dinner party we have to go to in Coral Springs. But I digress. We had a great time in Key West. We visited the History Museum (the name escapes me now). We walked by the Hemingway House and we tried to visit the lighthouse but it was closed by the time we got there. We also went to the 90 Miles-From-Cuba landmark from which I took 4 pictures of my dad. He didn't smile in any of them. Ugh. I also bought a dress from Bali that I love. I could have bought at least four pairs of earrings I liked and another more romantic dress that was on sale, but was still too expensive for my budget. We also walked on the pier, we watched the sunset and we talked a lot. There were so many Eastern-europeans there. I wonder if ----. would have liked to come with us. After the sunset, I had dinner (my dad doesn't eat dinner unless I cook - he had gnocchis and fondue made by me) at this cute Cuban place called El Meson de Pepe. The soup I had was ok (not very hot), but the grouper ceviche was very yummy and spicy. My dad had a Cuban coffee. After dinner, we walked to the car and drove for three hours and fifty nine minutes. My body was aching when I got home. I took a shower and looked at some photos of my latest shoot. I was fighting to stay awake. At the end of the night I had two conclusions: I am better off single and I will miss my father as I never had before. I finally know that I love my dad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration