Flamenco

I am determined to try new ways of doing things. I haven’t seen live Flamenco in so many years. So I schlepped all the way to Miami to watch a free Flamenco show and wine tasting. Parking was a hassle, since two black men approached me and scared me and the meter wasn't taking credit cards. I got back into my car and phoned the company to pay for parking. I wish I could write like the Japanese. Brush strokes and all.
Walked to the pavilion and got into a crowded room by myself. I have no problem being in my own company, but I do not like people staring at me. So, I got myself a sample of Verdejo, a white wine from Rueda, Spain. Wine was good and crisp. I was trying to enjoy the evening with a little alcohol, but since I get tipsy very easily, I have to be careful and just drink a little. I also do not like the headaches I get after drinking wine.
The Flamenco show was ok, nothing to write home about. The music was beautiful, but the dancers were just mediocre. One of the ladies had more passion and was more musical. I enjoyed her following of the songs. 
The show was brief. People were weird looking and were clearly there because of the free wine.
I think that what savaged my evening was the photographer who started taking my photos without my consent. At first, it was just my impression. My peripheral vision saw a light pointing at me, at my right side. 
But then I fooled myself into thinking he was photographing people in general.
At the end of the show, the photographer came to talk to me and asked me for my e-mail address. He wanted to e-mail me some pictures. I had no pen. No paper. So he handed me a card. He made a remark about how beautiful I am. His following phrase was: what are you doing next?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone