Water Heart

His heart in my hands. Dissipating slowly like melting snow. His silvery smile recovering in the warmth of my embrace. Hold me, he said. 
Now that you held me, I feel better he whispered in my ear. Gone Heart. 
A watery heart. Melting love. Life running away from us. 
You fell. 
I had you once. I had your heart. 
I didn't know why I was crying in your arms. Was it joy?
Or somehow, me, a fierce animal, knew you were dying?
Why did I cry like that? How come I knew, or did?
I pretended you were mine. But you were like dew.
Alive at night. Existing in the leaf of other lives. 
Disappearing in the morning.
Evaporating. Little hearts finding new ways of being.
Little water hearts. Whispering inaudible secrets
Holding tight little people
Little smiles.
Believing and striving
Little did we know
The heart melted
And the leaf once again
Was desert

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone