2013

Walking by JR.


Every year, at the end of the year, I like to make a recollection of what the year was like. 2013 will end very soon,  in a few days and somehow, I feel uninspired to write about it. But I shall say that 2013 was a year of not so much dancing. Tango, I would say, was on the back burner. I did start the year focusing on tango. But that didn't last long. I did go to a competition and managed to get a 3rd place among 30 couples. Soon after that my partnership ended. The same way it had started: abruptly. It was a busy year, nonetheless. I traveled to San Francisco, Baltimore, and Santa Monica. Much more than previous years.It was my first year with Manuel Antonio Gaudi, aka Manolo. It was challenging at first. He is my first dog (on my own). But he was soon adjusted to the rules of the house (which aren't many). I love having him around, even though I think I should spend more time with him. This was the year that I decided to have a maid on a regular basis and it has been a great improvement. How have I managed before? I am learning how not to dwell on suffering and sadness and maybe that's why I haven't been able to write much. I think meditation has been helping me a lot. My nephew was born in June and he is a beautiful boy. I faced a few professional "no's". I worked on a couple of photo shoots that were good experiences. I wore a nose ring for a while and it was liberating.

The second half of the year was a lot more traumatic. My father came to visit and we had a fight. I haven't seen my brother since. I haven't spoken to my dad and my brother since. Claudio died. I have been contemplating the idea of quitting tango. Amid all of these emotional and even tragic events, there is always my place to go back to. I am grateful for what I do have and for what I am able to experience, be it pain or joy. Be it happiness or sadness. I am alive and have shelter and a place I call home. A job, which doesn't make me terribly happy, but pays the bills and allows me to do things I desire. All and all 2013 wasn't a super bad year (my motto is always to think that things could have been worse), but it was not what I would have liked it to be. I did grow a lot in 2013 and that's what I am going keep in mind.

I wish happier things for 2014.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration