Yellow and Blue


The Yellow of Your Eyes
Photo by Sharmila Ravindranathan


Somehow, I thought your yellow eyes were sincere.
Just like a sunflower moving, rotating with the sun. I was your sun. But instead you just wanted me to be your sin. 
How disappointing for me 
it is to find that your yellow eyes were not
Love makes us wear rose-tinted glasses, doesn't it? But for how long? 
You held me so closely and no, our story was not different 
Even though we had so much in common and I thought for a moment that our destiny had been closely mapped by the stars, we were just 
The stars were there watching us with a full-moon 
I think even the ocean was a witness 
But I don't want to describe what was among us
The past is the past
The yellow of your eyes remains
Touched by a bee in a rainy day
Like if roots could 
I bite my nails alone and soaked from the rain - I cough the desperation of pores that breathe passion
And yet, my evenings are less 
I tip toe around the house, I don't want my deceased mother to wake up
And I remember, your hands were big
strong hands and my life becomes a blur
I become the bee, drowning in the yellow of your eyes
Awaiting for the love you can't 
Holding an empty next 
With shattered pieces of blue 
Left by you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Phone